So you have stopped the server using the Ground2Cloud GUI, you have also shut down the Quickbooks Connector and closed the Quickbooks Application, and when trying to re-open and re-connect to the server, you are getting the "Failed to Start Listener: http://+:8080/", well, we have seen this error a few times, and here is the likely reason:
It will happen from time to time that the STOP button (pictured below) in the Ground2Cloud GUI will not trigger the server to stop as we would have expected, therefore, you will have to proceed to do that manually.
Here are the steps you will need to take to overcome this obstacle:
- First, open your Services (Local) folder
- Find Ground2Cloud (as shown in the print screen below)
- On the left side, you will find the following options once you select "Ground2Cloud" => Stop, Pause, Restart
- You will first "Stop" the server (all the other options should disappear once the server has been stopped)
- Now, you can go ahead and restart the server and your connection with Ground2Ground GUI should be done.
An important note here is that the Ground2Cloud GUI is restarted once you finish this process, so you will not need to do anything directly with the GUI to connect to the QB application.