The Zendesk Quickbooks App by Cloud Elements allows customer service representatives instant access to your Customers' current account status in Quickbooks Online. The Zendesk Quickbooks App automatically looks up the current customer from new and existing contacts in Zendesk.
How to Install
- As a Zendesk Administrator, navigate to the Apps marketplace
- Search for ‘Quickbooks’
- Click ‘Install App’ at right.
- Click 'Install' in the installation window:
- Initialize the connection to Quickbooks
- First, navigate to a ticket
- Click the ‘Apps’ button to expose the Apps frame.
- Click 'Connect with QuickBooks'.
- You may need to enable Popups for the site:
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Account
- Click the Quickbooks Company you wish to connect with:
- Click 'Authorize'
- You'll be re-directed back to Zendesk. Refresh the application:
How to Use
- Using your customer's email address as a lookup key, the App will search for your customer's information in Quickbooks, including their contact info, as well as the most recent Invoice and Payment, if present:
- Expand the arrow to reveal Invoice or Payment Details:
- You can always change/customize the customer lookup by Clicking the "Change Customer" Link:
- And type in a different customer email, and hit Enter:
- The app will lookup the new customer and display the available data if present. Note that the app alerts you if no Payments or Invoices are present in Quickbooks:
Changing Display Settings (Administrator)
- Zendesk Admins can change settings for the display of the app.
- Click the Gear icon:
- Expand the arrow next to the display section you wish to customize:
- Use the check-boxes to turn on and off fields that you wish to display or not:
- Click "Save and Go Back" when done:
Connect using a Different Quickbooks Account (Administrator)
- Go to the Zendesk Gear icon
- Go to Apps -> Manage
- Select the Gear Icon and Change Settings:
- Check the "New Settings" box, and click the Update button.
- Go back to a Ticket. You'll be asked to "Re-connect to Quickbooks". You can then click "Connect to Quickbooks" and re-authenticate using your updated credentials: