The Zendesk WooCommerce App by Cloud Elements allows customer service representatives instant access to your Customers' current account status in WooCommerce. The Zendesk WooCommerce App automatically looks up the current customer from new and existing contacts in Zendesk.
Follow these steps to set up a new WooCommerce Application. Via a web browser go to your store front and sign in to your WP Admin Dashboard.
1. Click “WooCommerce” on the left hand side panel
2. Under “Settings”, select "API"
3. Check “Enable the REST API” and save your settings
4. Save your settings
5. Under the same screen, select "Keys/Apps".
6. Click “Add Key”
7. Input Key Details
8. Click “Generate API Key”
9. Copy the Consumer Key and Secret
10. Click “Settings” (Your Word Press Settings) on the left hand side panel and select “Permalinks”
11. Check “Post name”
12. Scroll down to “Product permalink base” and leave the “Default” option checked
13. Click “Save Changes”
How to Install
- As a Zendesk Administrator, navigate to the Apps marketplace
- Search for WooCommerce.
- Click ‘Install App’ at right.
- Input your Site Address, API Key, Secret and click 'Install' in the installation window:
- Initialize the connection to WooCommerce
- First, navigate to a ticket
- Click the ‘Apps’ button to expose the Apps frame.
- Click 'Connect with WooCommerce'.
- You may need to enable Popups for the site:
- You'll be re-directed back to Zendesk. Refresh the application:
How to Use
- Click "Change Customer" to reveal the search field.
- Using your customer's email address as a lookup key, the App will search for your customer's information in WooCommerce, including their contact info, as well as the most recent Invoice and Payment, if present:
- Expand the arrow to reveal Customer Info, Invoice or Payment Details:
- You can always change/customize the customer lookup by inputting another customer email and clicking the search button:
- The app will lookup the new customer and display the available data if present. Note when you open a section that does not contain data, that the app alerts you if no Invoices are present in WooCommerce:
Changing Display Settings (Administrator)
- Zendesk Admins can change settings for the display of the app.
- Click the Gear icon:
- Expand the arrow next to the display section you wish to customize:
- Use the check-boxes to turn on and off fields that you wish to display or not:
- Click "Save and refresh WooCommerce" when done:
Connect using a Different WooCommerce Account (Administrator)
- Go to the Zendesk Gear icon
- Go to Apps -> Manage
- Select the Gear Icon and Change Settings:
- Input Site Address, new keys and click the Update button.
- Go back to a Ticket. You'll be asked to "Re-connect or refresh WooCommerce". You can then click "Connect to WooCommerce" and re-authenticate using your updated credentials: