The Zendesk FreshBooks App by Cloud Elements allows customer service representatives instant access to your Customers' current account status in FreshBooks. The Zendesk FreshBooks App automatically looks up the current customer from new and existing contacts in Zendesk.
How to Install
- As a Zendesk Administrator, navigate to the Apps marketplace
- Search for FreshBooks.
- Click ‘Install App’ at right.
- Initialize the connection to FreshBooks by adding your Freshbooks API site address, API key and secret. The API Secret must be requested on the Freshbooks website. Follow the instructions in step #1 on https://www.freshbooks.com/developers/authentication.
- Once you have set these properties, navigate to a ticket
- Click the ‘Apps’ button to expose the Apps frame.
- Click 'Connect with FreshBooks'.
- You may need to enable Popups for the site:
- Sign in to your FreshBooks Account:
- You'll be re-directed back to Zendesk. Refresh the application:
How to Use
- Click "Change Customer" to reveal the search field.
- Using your customer's email address as a lookup key, the App will search for your customer's information in FreshBooks, including their contact info, as well as the most recent Invoice and Payment, if present:
- Expand the arrow to reveal Customer Info, Invoice or Payment Details:
- You can always change/customize the customer lookup by inputting another customer email and clicking the search button:
- The app will lookup the new customer and display the available data if present. Note when you open a section that does not contain data, that the app alerts you if no Payments or Invoices are present in FreshBooks:
Changing Display Settings (Administrator)
- Zendesk Admins can change settings for the display of the app.
- Click the Gear icon:
- Expand the arrow next to the display section you wish to customize:
- Use the check-boxes to turn on and off fields that you wish to display or not:
- Click "Save and Reconnect to FreshBooks" when done:
Connect using a Different FreshBooks Account (Administrator)
- Go to the Zendesk Gear icon
- Go to Apps -> Manage
- Select the Gear Icon and Change Settings:
- Check the "New Settings" box, and click the Update button.
- Go back to a Ticket. You'll be asked to "Re-connect to FreshBooks". You can then click "Connect to FreshBooks" and re-authenticate using your updated credentials: